What is the IB?
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma is an internationally respected and recognised qualification. Success in the IB will ensure access to good universities throughout the world.
The IB is a two-year programme for students aged 16 and above preparing for university entry. As an international qualification students can follow university or career options within a global market. A two-year programme, designed for motivated, capable students who show an interest across a broad range of subjects.
What is special about the IB?
The IB Diploma makes sure that students do not specialise before they go to university. This means that students study six subjects, three at standard level and three at higher level. Students must choose a range of subjects, i.e. the objective of the IB is to encourage breadth as well as depth across the curriculum. In addition, every student must take part in a CAS (Creativity, Action and Service) programme which is awarded points and which contributes to the final mark achieved in the Diploma.
Why choose the IB
The IB Diploma is a very well established and highly regarded international qualification and students are choosing to study for the IB rather than other qualifications such as traditional British A-Levels.
With the IB Diploma students are accepted at the best universities and colleges worldwide. The depth and breadth of the Diploma enables students to offer that bit extra not only at higher education institutes but also within future careers.
The IB is the fastest-growing, most respected qualification in the world, and a passport to the best universities. It is a qualification which challenges, encourages and inspires internationally minded students to become caring, critical thinkers, ready for university study and a global career.
- Six subject choices are studied – Language & Literature, Language Acquisition, Sciences, Maths, Social Sciences and the Arts
- Promotes critical thinking, independent research and real-world comparison through the additional subjects of Theory of Knowledge and Creativity, Activity, Service
- An extended essay prepares students with the study skills required for university study
- Recognised by the best universities in the UK and overseas
- Founded on the value of international mindedness
- Native language tuition in up to 26 languages