Having visited Chelsea Independent College, we can report that this is an unusual environment for sixth form students. The work done here by staff and students alike produces university candidates well-suited to the academic life that they will be encountering as their career progresses. Independent and responsible for their own study schedule, students receive much greater freedom to pursue their own specialities than would be normal in a more traditional environment. This approach is producing very successful results.
One of London’s top A-Level colleges, Chelsea Independent College provides a unique academic environment where students are treated as independent young adults, who are made responsible for their studies in preparation for a university approach to learning. Students and teachers are on first-name terms, and the school offers personalised support as part of the flexible and responsive approach to the students’ educational needs.
As a leading London sixth form college, Chelsea Independent College has a strong focus on maximising the students’ performance and academic results. It gives them a clear picture of the full range of university opportunities available, both in the UK and abroad, and helps them secure a place on their chosen degree course. To achieve this Chelsea Independent College provides:
- A dedicated personal tutor for every student
- A specifically tailored teaching programme
- Small classes with an average of eight students, creating an engaging and interactive learning environment
- Regular exam practice with detailed feedback on how to prepare for final examinations enabling students to successfully express the knowledge they acquire in the necessary format to maximise their grades
- Academic profiling, including Durham University’s ALIS performance predictors
Chelsea Independent College works in close partnership with the students to understand what inspires and motivates them, encouraging successful learning habits that ensure they realise their full potential. If this interests you, contact Study British English Company to find out if this approach will be suitable. Our expert consultants can answer all your questions.